Breaking News
  • April 22Jacket Journal Receives First Place in the State of Ohio from the Ohio Scholastic Media Association
The Student News Site of Mount Vernon High School

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Mark Weber Takes the Helm: Mount Vernon Athletics Welcomes Dynamic Head Football Coach for 2024 Season

Submitted
MVHS welcomes Mark Weber as the new football coach

Mount Vernon Athletics is thrilled to introduce Mark Weber as the newest Head Football Coach at Mount Vernon High School. Following the departure of Jay Campbell in November, a robust pool of over thirty-five applicants vied for the opportunity to lead the Jackets Football program. After an exhaustive screening and interview process, Mark Weber emerged as the undeniable choice to spearhead the Jackets, starting in the upcoming 2024 school year.

“The competition for the head coaching position was both exhilarating and extensive. Our committee meticulously reviewed and assessed the candidates, unanimously determining that Mark was not only the best person to lead our program but also to construct a legacy of success. His wealth of experience, unwavering passion, unparalleled intensity, and proven track record align perfectly with the vision we have for Mount Vernon Football. I eagerly anticipate witnessing the enthusiasm and success his program will bring to Friday nights,” remarked Justin Sanford, Athletic Director.

Residing in Knox County with his wife Kati and sons Lucas (9) and Archie (4), Coach Mark Weber and his family, who moved to the area approximately 8 months ago, have established their forever home on family property.

“We are excited to begin our journey as Mount Vernon Jackets, our house operates by three principles: Faith, Family, Football! Football stands for much more than just a game—it stands for excellence in academics and athletics. My sons understand that how you do anything is how you do everything. Striving for excellence in every facet of life is no easy task!

Assuming responsibility for 80 new sons is a duty I hold in the highest regard. Our mission is clear: we aim for our student-athletes to be champions in the classroom, community, and on the field,” said Weber.

Entering his 15th season coaching High School football in Ohio, Coach Mark Weber boasts an impressive record of 60-30 in nine seasons as a Head Coach. At Teays Valley High School (Division II), he secured five Mid State League Championships and earned the distinction of becoming the winningest coach in school history. In 2014, Coach Weber was honored as the Central District Coach of the Year for Division II.

A proud graduate of Talawanda High School in Oxford, Ohio, Weber furthered his education by obtaining a Bachelor’s degree from Capital University. With a rich background and a commitment to excellence, Coach Mark Weber is poised to lead Mount Vernon High School’s football program to new heights.