Breaking News
  • April 22Jacket Journal Receives First Place in the State of Ohio from the Ohio Scholastic Media Association
The Student News Site of Mount Vernon High School

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Logan Eggert Secures Division 1 Future: Signs with Wright State for Track

Quinn Hoffman
Logan Eggert signs with Wright State for track

Mount Vernon High School senior track and cross country standout, Logan Eggert, has officially signed with Division 1 Wright State, marking a significant achievement in his athletic career. 

Eggert took a moment to honor the memory of Andre Harrison, a senior track standout from Ashland High School who tragically passed away in October. The bond between Eggert and Harrison began on the track, where Harrison was one of the first to beat Eggert in a race. This friendly rivalry laid the foundation for a friendship that extended beyond the competition.

“We made it man,” said Eggert, offering one final nod to Harrison, whose impact on Eggert runs deep.

Wright State is set to gain an accomplished track and cross country athlete in Eggert, who boasts a remarkable four-year letter-winning streak in cross country. With his final seasons in indoor track and track yet to come, Eggert is poised to make valuable contributions to the Wright State athletic program.

Eggert continued to recognize his support system, acknowledging the sacrifices his mother and grandmother have made to support his athletic journey. “The amount of sacrifices you have made for me does not go unnoticed,” said Eggert.  He went on to express heartfelt appreciation, stating, “Thank you for giving us all the best you can and supporting us.”

This signing represents not only a personal triumph for Eggert but also a moment of reflection on the experiences within the track and field community. “I hope all of you can realize that this is what hard work can get you, and I hope one day I can see you in a position like this,” said Eggert, directing his message towards his siblings.  He expressed the impact his siblings have had on his life, “You help me realize that I am just a better person around you guys.”

Eggert will begin his final indoor track season on Thursday when Mount Vernon hosts an Indoor Track Meet with over 700 runners in attendance. The event will start at 9.