Breaking News
  • April 22Jacket Journal Receives First Place in the State of Ohio from the Ohio Scholastic Media Association
The Student News Site of Mount Vernon High School

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Mrs. Behrensmeyer returns to Mount Vernon High School

Kenzie Krownapple
Jurnie Gleason sits down with Mrs. B after she returns to MVHS to teach Latin Photo by McKenzie Krownapple

Mrs. Behrensmeyer made her way back to Mount Vernon High School this year although she never really left. 

She started teaching Latin in 1973 and retired from the high school in 2018. She returned this year because of the quick opening left by Emily Lewis.

“We never stopped being a part of the community,” said Mrs. Behrensmeyer with regards to both her husband and herself. 

Mr. and Mrs. Behrensmeyer stayed involved in the community by going to sporting events, forum shows, play and her husband even announces girls soccer games.

Being involved with the high school community allows the pair to fully experience all Mount Vernon has to offer. “This just adds a new dimension to it,” said Behrensmeyer. 

Mrs. Behrensmeyer works a very busy day as she starts her morning at St. Vincent as she teaches Latin to the upper grades. Then from 9-11:30 she works with adults that need to obtain their GED, and then finishes the day at the high school. 

She plans to teach by the book and says she will “adopt and adapt to whatever I need to do here.”