Breaking News
  • April 22Jacket Journal Receives First Place in the State of Ohio from the Ohio Scholastic Media Association
The Student News Site of Mount Vernon High School

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

A Magical Evening at the Governor’s Holiday Party: Lucy Peterson’s Experience

Lucy Peterson
Lucy Peterson meets Gov. DeWine for a holiday party

Senior Lucy Peterson recently had the privilege of attending the Governor’s Holiday Party, an enchanting event that brought together friends from the Downs Syndrome Association of Ohio (DSACO) and offered a myriad of festive delights. Lucy not only savored the camaraderie but also immersed herself in the holiday spirit through various activities.

One of the highlights of Lucy’s evening was the opportunity to watch the Cleveland Browns football game with her friends. “I really enjoyed watching them play on the TV with all of my friends,” Lucy exclaimed, capturing the excitement of cheering on her favorite team amidst the holiday festivities.

The Governor’s residence was adorned with exquisite holiday decorations, featuring four distinct Christmas trees, each with its own unique theme. Lucy’s personal favorite was the Nutcracker-themed tree, a dazzling display of creativity and festive spirit that added an extra layer of magic to the celebration.

During the event, Lucy had a special moment to connect with Governor DeWine himself. Curious about his holiday preferences, she asked him about his favorite Christmas song. The Governor graciously responded, revealing that “The Christmas Song” held a special place in his heart. This exchange highlighted the warm and inclusive atmosphere of the gathering, where everyone, regardless of background, came together to share in the joy of the season.

As Lucy shared her experience with the Jacket Journal class, her genuine smile spoke volumes about the happiness and warmth she experienced at the Governor’s Holiday Party. Her story serves as a beautiful reminder of the magic that the holiday season can bring, especially when celebrated in the company of friends, community, and cherished traditions.

The Governor’s Holiday Party not only provided Lucy with delightful moments, from sipping hot chocolate to watching the Browns game and meeting the Governor’s dog, Dolly, but it also showcased the power of shared celebrations to create lasting memories. Lucy’s infectious joy serves as a testament to the inclusive and festive spirit that defines this special time of year