Breaking News
  • June 3Marissa Rutter finishes 8th in the STATE
The Student News Site of Mount Vernon High School

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Konner Daughriety Hits a Grand Slam by Signing with Division 2 Ashland University for Baseball

Natalie Boggs
MV Senior Konnor Daughriety signs to play baseball for Ashland University.

In a display of talent and dedication, senior Konner Daughriety has etched his name in Mount Vernon Baseball program. From earning a coveted starting position on the varsity team as a newcomer, beating out upperclassmen with his exceptional skills, to becoming a leader both on and off the field, Konner has become a true asset to the Yellow Jacket program.

Yesterday marked a momentous occasion for Daughriety, as he officially signed to play baseball at the Division 1 level with Ashland University. The event was attended by a supportive crowd comprising family, friends, teammates, and eager young players from the program, all gathered to celebrate Konner’s remarkable journey.

As the ink dried on his commitment to Ashland University, the excitement and pride were palpable in the Daughriety expressed gratitude for the unwavering support he has received from those around him and credited his parents, family, teammates and coaches for pushing him to achieve new heights.

With Konner Daughriety now set to embark on the next chapter of his baseball journey at Ashland University, the Yellow Jacket program can proudly look back on his contributions while eagerly anticipating the impact he’ll surely make at the Division 1 level. The signing not only cements Konner’s place in the program’s history but also serves as a testament to the dedication, skill, and leadership that define him both as a player and as a person.