Breaking News
  • June 3Marissa Rutter finishes 8th in the STATE
The Student News Site of Mount Vernon High School

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Jacket Journal

Mount Vernon FFA Gains Valuable Insights as they Learn from the Ohio FFA President and the Current Initiatives

Photo Submitted
FFA team advances in competition Photo submitted

Guest writers are from the current FFA Class – Emma and Ansely

On November 16, Ohio FFA President, Luke Jennings, visited the Mount Vernon FFA Chapter.

Luke Jennings attended Felicity-Franklin High School, where he served as the FFA chapter’s Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-President, and President.

Jennings grew up showing beef cattle and market hogs as his supervised agricultural

experience, better known as an SAE. 

Mount Vernon FFA’s Historian, Emma Croghan was able to interview Jennings during his presentation. He shared that the biggest motivation to join FFA was to follow in his family’s footsteps. 

Not only was his family a larger part of his decision to join FFA but his school and teacher became a source of inspiration.“My biggest influence through my agriculture career is my Ag teacher, Holly Jennings, FFA members, and his family.”

FFA not only focuses on animals and agriculture but the organization allows students to work on leadership, career development, and government procedures.

Jennings stated that his strongest competition that he yearly participates in is Parliamentary Procedure.

Jennings brought with him a series of games and activities to MVHS. He wanted the students to see how positive and negative influences can greatly affect the student and the club.